The CAF Community Challenge powered by Strava featuring the San Diego Triathlon Challenge will be held in person on the weekend of October 22-24, 2021
The Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) is monitoring and complying with all the recommendations and requirements of state and local public health authorities for special events as published by the California Department of Public Health.
The following precautions and policies will be in effect.
• CAF encourages everyone to get vaccinated when eligible and prior to attending any part of the event weekend.
• Your safety is our concern – CAF encourages everyone to wear a mask during the Community Challenge Weekend. Athletes will not be asked to wear masks when competing.
• CAF encourages anyone who is not vaccinated to take a COVID test and receive a negative result within 72 hours of their first interaction for the event weekend. This is emphasized for our youth participants under the age of 12 who are ineligible for vaccination at this time
• CAF will ask all participants, staff and attendees to conduct daily symptom self-checks. If any symptoms are detected, we ask that participants and attendees stay home.
• CAF is monitoring the vaccination status of its employees, and all who are working at the live event will have either provided proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to their first event interaction or attendance. These must be uploaded to our app no later than Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
• Any hosted athletes/guests during the weekend who are assigned roommates not in their immediate family will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to room share beginning. Failure to comply will result in loss of hotel room.
• All group activities planned during the weekend will be held outdoors
• All venue planning will be arranged to support social distancing
• All food and beverage offerings will follow COVID protocols and be designed for individualized service using disposable items
• All venues will be equipped with COVID safety reminders and hand sanitizing stations
• Attendees must follow CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings. Masks will be required on any event shuttles or shared transportation.
• Masks will be available to attendees and volunteers upon request.
• Volunteers and CAF staff assigned to positions that have significant interaction with event participants and attendees will be required to wear masks. This will include registration positions, positions with food preparation and handling, and aid stations.
• Any indoor spaces with have increased ventilation (i.e., open all windows and doors to increase natural air flow), following current CDPH and CalOSHA guidance.
• Be advised that there is risk of attending large, crowded events where the vaccine status of others in attendance may be unknown to the individuals.
• Be advised that there is risk of attending large, crowded events for populations that may not currently be eligible for vaccination or may be immunocompromised and whose vaccine protection may be incomplete.