Position Title: Programs Intern
Reports To: Regional Programs Director, San Diego
Role Location: San Diego, CA
Employment Type: Intern – Part-Time, ~15 hours a week, Aug – Dec 2023
Salary: Volunteer internship
The Programs Intern will provide support and assistance to CAF initiatives and teams working in San Diego, CA, as well as regional support to Southern California, Idaho, Northern California, and the Northeast.
This role will support CAF’s mission: to provide opportunities and support people with physical challenges so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics. The Programs Intern will support the CAF Programs team in the execution of both adaptive and inclusive sports programming, including preparation of materials, day-of-event responsibilities, and post-event data collection.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-of-event support for a variety of adaptive sports camps, clinics, and programs in San Diego and Southern California.
- Assist CAF Programs Team with planning, execution, and follow-up of different adaptive sports camps and clinics.
- Assist with maintaining CAF equipment and ensure all materials are properly cleaned and returned to their designated location post-event.
- Assist with coordination and growth of other programs-related events and opportunities, including collaboration with other CAF departments.
- Assist with incoming inquiries and requests to the CAF Programs team and serve as a positive ambassador for the organization.
- Remotely support CAF regional teams in Idaho, Northern California, and the Northeast with communications, logistics, special tasks, and other projects as needed.
- Assist with CAF Grant Program and Operation Rebound Programs as needed.
- Represent CAF at adaptive sports events as needed.
- Other duties as needed
- Current college or high school student (over age 18), preferably who are receiving school credit
- Must have own transportation, be willing to travel, and available to work weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive CAF vehicle
- Basic knowledge of disability groups and programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn new software and technology
- Excellent skills in communication, writing, organization, and attention to detail
- Passion for and knowledge of sports, and a deep commitment to helping athletes succeed
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE
- Function as a Team Player
- Be respectful and positive, demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Always act as a professional representative of CAF both internally to all staff, volunteers, and Board Members and externally to all third-party constituents
- Event/Program Support
- Be self-motivated and organized
- Ability to identify needs at events and provide efficient, thoughtful support
- Ability to support projects from initiation to completion and delivery with oversight from program manager(s)
- Industry Awareness
- Experience working with different types of disability groups and understanding of their unique requirements is preferred
- Desire to pursue a career in adaptive sports, physical therapy, sports, health care, or other related fields is preferred
- Commitment to Quality
- Work with colleagues, vendors, and partners to maintain highest standards, consistent with CAF’s goal of delivering “Gold Standard” offerings
- Interact in a positive way with, and solve problems for, CAF’s core constituency
Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our business strategy, mission and vision. We welcome candidates from an array of backgrounds and experiences to join our team. Learn more about our commitment here: https://www.challengedathletes.org/diversity-and-inclusion- policy/
CAF is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status.
All applicants are required to provide a cover letter and resume to Kyle Grozen at [email protected].