Join Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) and the National Wheelchair Basketball Association (NWBA) for an engaging discussion on the importance of female participation in sports and the benefits of being part of a team!
Meet accomplished wheelchair basketball female athletes and hear how this sport has been an integral part of building their self-esteem and confidence, as well as the fun of competing on a team. CAF and the NWBA are committed to amplifying the voice of adaptive female athletes and increasing participation for generations to come.
– The growing sport of wheelchair basketball
– The benefits of adaptive sports
– The challenges for increasing participation in adaptive sports
– The incredible stories of women in the game
– CAF & NWBA Wheelchair Basketball Training Zone online program presented by Nike
– The Annual CAF Grant Application that closes on November 30th
– How to encourage more female adaptive athletes to connect with their local adaptive sport groups to get involved at the grassroots level starting with wheelchair basketball
Andrea Woodon-Smith – professor at North Carolina Central University- adapted physical activity and sports and physical education pedagogy
Megan Blunk – Paralympian, Rio 2016 gold medalist in wheelchair basketball, CAF grant recipient
Courtney Ryan – Women’s National Team member, CAF grant recipient
Ella Rodriguez – high school athlete, wheelchair basketball and track and field, CAF grant recipient