A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAF’s are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
If I have a DAF, how do I use it to support Challenged Athletes Foundation?
If your DAF is with Fidelity Charitable, BNY Melon, or Schwab Charitable Trust, you can start your donation as follows:
1. Select the public charity that sponsors your DAF from the DAF Direct dropdown menu.
2. Enter the amount (in USD) you would like to recommend in the “Amount” field.
3. In the “Designation” field enter Challenged Athletes Foundation
— If you’re supporting a team, participant or event, please include their name. This ensures your gift will be credited properly.
4. Click the “Next” button to proceed to the sponsoring organization’s website to complete your DAF transaction.
5. Once the sponsoring organization approves the recommended disbursement, the grant is made to the qualified charitable organization. Participant and team fundraising pages will not be credited by Challenged Athletes Foundation until receipt of the check.
Please note: If your DAF is with a different entity, you may process your donation through their usual method—just be sure to designate to Challenged Athletes Foundation and include the name of the participant, team or event you are supporting.
If you have questions about making a gift to Challenged Athletes Foundation through a DAF, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 858-210-3510.