CAF’s partnership with Nike began in 1994 when CAF was born. As one of the first sponsors of CAF’s Aspen Medical Products San Diego Triathlon Challenge, Nike donated running shoes and has continued to provide product donations and financial support over the last 25 years that underwrite event costs and benefit CAF athletes. Together with CAF, Nike has granted 39 people with physical challenges the adaptive equipment, training and competition expenses to provide them access to sport and physical fitness.
- CAF Athlete Rudy Garcia Tolson was awarded the Casey Martin Award on Nike campus in 2002 with CAF supporter and friend Robin Williams joining to present the award.
- In collaboration with CAF’s Global Prosthetic Componentry Partner Össur’s and CAF Spokesperson and Nike athlete Sarah Reinertsen, the Nike Sole was born as a breakthrough running sole to be used with Össur’s Flex-Run prosthetic blade for amputee athletes.
- Nike is the Official Apparel and Shoe Sponsor of CAF’s Elite Paratriathlon Team for the four years leading into the sports inaugural debut at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
- Nike Boston and CAF partner together to host events in their Boston store with the first one just six months after the Boston Marathon bombing. These events empowered not only many of the Boston Marathon survivors who lost limbs, but Nike sponsored athletes and a global community of runners who wanted to give back through several co-branded campaigns around the Boston Marathon weekend.
- Nike hosts CAF clinics on their corporate campus for the past two years to include our Össur Running and Mobility Clinic, presented by CAF, Swim Clinic and Sitting Volleyball. This collaboration was supported by Adaptive Sports Northwest and many Nike employees who volunteer.