We deeply appreciate the trust our donors have placed in us. We do not sell or give donor names or other information about donors to other organizations. Donor records are considered confidential unless otherwise agreed upon with a donor, such as a donor request to provide information to an attorney, accountant, or other professional financial advisor. The Challenged Athletes Foundation uses your donor information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on organization happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes.
Information Automatically Collected When You Visit our Website
When visiting our website the following information is automatically collected and stored:
· The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer that accessed our website
· The type of browser, its version and the operating system on which that browser is running
· The web page requested by you
· The web page from which you accessed the current web page
· The date and time of the your request
· The pages that were visited and the amount of time spent at each page
This information allows The Challenged Athletes Foundation to improve functionality and content and to monitor performance. Data is used to help answer specific questions about the usage and performance of the web site or individual web pages.
We have not configured this website to collect any personal information from your computer when browsing this site. This means that, unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide the Challenged Athletes Foundation with personal information, we will not know your name, your email address, or any other information identifiable to you. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer every time you browse the Internet. When users request a page from our site, our servers log the user’s current IP address. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems.
Other Information Collected and Use of Information
There are times when we ask for personal information from you.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information.
· When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
· We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
· We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
· The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by the Challenged Athletes Foundation. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
· The email address you provide for registration or donations may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your transaction, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
· We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
· We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
· We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
· We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
· We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
· We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
· You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us in writing at Director of Development, 9591 Waples Street, San Diego, CA 92121.
A “cookie” is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and IP address. We use this information to analyze the traffic on our website, and better serve you when you return to our website. It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user. You have the option to configure your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the functionality available on this website.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites. Opt-out of Communications
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Requests to be removed from all communications may also be submitted in writing to Director of Development, 9591 Waples Street, San Diego, CA 92121.
Updating or correcting personal data
You may update and/or correct your profile information at any time by all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page. If you did not set up a login, you may send any requests to in writing to Director of Development, 9591 Waples Street, San Diego, CA 92121.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page or by mailing the required changes to the Challenged Athletes Foundation directly.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If you need to contact the Challenged Athletes Foundation
By conventional mail:
9591 Waples Street
San Diego, CA 92121
By telephone: 858-866-0959
Revised March 25, 2012